We welcome families with children aged 8 and up to join us at Groveland as part of our regular service.
We believe that busy families are looking for ways to spend quality time with their children and we believe Groveland offers that.
We like having children be a regular part of the program. It's good for us to hear what kids have to say. It's interesting for them to hear what we have to say.
We think we do some things that are unique and can appeal to many families with children and youth.
- We share our joys and concerns. Children can be a part of that.
- We encourage kids to listen to the sermon, but we have a table at the back with books of a spiritual nature and some activities for children to do while the sermon is being conducted. If they are bored, they can get up and go to the back table. They can read, draw and still keep an ear out for what is being said. Families can talk about the concepts discussed, at home.
- We have a discussion after the sermon, as part of our regular service. Kids are encouraged to share their thoughts about the sermon too. Groveland is a fantastic place for teenagers! Lively discussions and diverse views are no problem here, as long as ideas are expressed respectfully.
- We do not water down our services for children. We think children are basically pretty smart and can gain a lot from serious conversations. .
- We offer a variety of readings in our service, including sometimes, children's books. We adults like them, too!
Children are not allowed to play/use video games of any sort during the service. While children may bring a book of their choosing to read at the back table, we try to provide books on spiritual topics and encourage families to stick to these themes as well, so that we do provide a spiritual education for our youth.